Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Don't Count Me.......Part 2.......Why??????????

Just when I thought being census worker for a while could not get any worse, it got worse.  Now that is not worse for the work portion.  That is so simple and so ridiculous that a trained monkey could do the work.  The pictures above probably describe the way our government is handling this census.  The only positive note is that it only happens once every 10 years.  I think the reason for that is it must take 9 years to complete the one that was started on April 1st.   By the way, April first is the cut off, or main date for the 2010 Census.  Is that a coincidence that this date falls on April Fools Day ??????? I don't think so.
      So after my little rant the other day, some new events have taken place.  Every morning I have to meet my Crew Leader at a top secret place to turn in my D 108 form. For those of you that do not know that our government love to give every piece of paper or form a special number.  This is our pay voucher made in duplicate.  Why would this not be completely computerized ????? Oh, Oh, I did it.  I started a sentence with the word Why?????  Why did I do that???  My good friend H, who also works for the census tells me that everyday.  Don't ever begin a sentence with Why.....   Why is that??????   Because you will never get a real answer or never really know the reason for it other than "That is how the government wants it" .  OK,  I can accept this.   I don't know why, but I can. So I get paid from the time I leave my house, plus gas mileage to this top level meeting each and every day.  Now I turn this in to the group leader.......he turns it in to someone above him after carefully checking its content.  I am sure the last person mails or takes it to another secret location where some other government person puts it in order or checks it again to see if the person mentioned is really working for the government.  Finally at some point he will approve it and somehow get it to my bank for direct deposit.  I am sure this above mentioned system is so much better than one leader directly entering into a computer and that's that....Finished....Complete.....Done......... Why isn't that done.....Aaahhhhhhh I did it again.
     Now lets go to point 2.  This morning I had one of my completed census forms returned to me because I marked an X somewhat outside the box.  I showed this to 3 other people and they said it looked fine.  I felt like I got a red mark in the 3rd. grade because I did something wrong.  I did however manage to complete twice as many completed surveys yesterday than anyone in my group, but the only important factor is making sure the X mark does not go outside the box.
      It's sort of like our government not thinking outside the box to make the Census process easier for all concerned citizens. Surely when you are looking at someone during an interview you should not have to waste time to ask if they are Male or Female ??????  That is just one of many parts of this making no sense at all.
       Why should I make myself crazy about this??? Aaahhhhhhh, I did it again.   I am also amazed at how many people are hesitant to give any information because of them not wanting the government to know anything about them.   So silly.......Big Brother is watching all of us.  Hope big brother does not report me to the census police for giving my honest thoughts and looking for ways to save our government some money............Don't count of that...

No comments:

Post a Comment