Thursday, September 26, 2013

The Friendly Skies


Fly the friendly skies ?  How many times have we heard that ?  How often have we hear those fucking ridiculous ads about how much fun flying is ? and How you are going to enjoy your trip on So and So Airlines ?  Right on Dude....It's bullshit....It's an impossibility.
    
I used to fly constantly and it was pretty wonderful. People got dressed fairly decent, the food was pretty good, the flights were never completely booked, luggage usually got where it was supposed to go, and flight attendants were wonderful, blah blah blah....
    
Say it isn't true ?   Of course it is....Traveling completely sucks these days...Everything about it sucks. Getting to the airport sucks. Going through security sucks. Walking 2 miles to the fucking gate sucks. Waiting in the crowded boarding area sucks. Waiting for them to call out your boarding seat sucks. Fighting your way on the aircraft sucks. Finding a bin to put all the shit you should never have brought in the first place sucks. Getting into you seat that was meant for a midget sucks. And last.....But not least......Before even taking off........Is that last minute fat fucking person that is heading right toward you and is now about to sit right next to you.
    
Why is this allowed ? Why can't these people buy 2 seats like they are supposed to rather than sit their fat ass next to you with half their body hanging over you ?  I certainly don't have an answer for that, but certainly know that it pisses me off whenever it happens.
   
It also pisses me off when that person is sneezing and coughing like a SOB and has no regard whatsoever for you or anyone else sitting next to them. Or stinks from cigarettes.
    
And of course let us not forget those fucking inconsiderate bastards that find it necessary to carry on 2 pieces of luggage, a back pack, a shopping bag, a coat or some other garment, and of course a lunch consisting of Kentucky fried chicken that is going to smell like shit the entire trip ? Why do they have to stand over you while beating the shit out of their luggage trying to force it into those overhead bins ?
    
Why, Why, Why ????? And these same assholes are going to open the bin during the flight to take something out and do nothing but cause more confusion...And if your lucky enough to be sitting under that bin, you will be looking up the entire time hoping and praying that his or her bag won't fall on your head.
    
I bet your thinking how negative I am about air travel.  Nonsense...I love it and do a little traveling myself these days...I try not to think about everything I have mentioned above. I never travel with carry-on and only check one bag..I carry a small fag bag on board and that is it. I try not to talk to anyone, because I hate all travelers equally and would not want to upset the apple cart.
     

I simply look at things somewhat different and in my mind completely believe it is all happening.
    
After all................Which part of air travel would you prefer ? Mine or theirs ?  Besides....Have you looked at your flight attendants recently ?????     I rest my case......Happy Trails to You
   














No comments:

Post a Comment