Saturday, March 9, 2013

LA Shitness

I really try to go to the gym as often as possible.  My intentions are really good, although the results don't seem to match the effort.  I belong to LA Fitness and have been a member for several years now.  It's a pretty big club with a swimming pool, basketball court, racquetball courts, yoga, spinning classes, and all the other shit that goes along with your usual health club.
It is by no means a fancy club and in my opinion somewhat dirty and can be much, much cleaner.  It's busy and they are always running specials to entice new members to join for a lifetime or two.  I remember when I joined years ago.  The entire process took about 58 seconds and my membership card and stuff was handed to me immediately.  After all, it is the 21st century and everything is available in seconds.  Oh yes, I was also told that I was now family and had access to every LA Fitness Club in America.
On a daily basis I see all sorts of people there. The ones that are in great shape are busting their balls and working out real hard and doing it on a serious note.
      Then of course there is the other type, who are completely out of shape that are sitting around with a water bottle in one hand and their cell phone in the other. I love those type of assholes, as they are always in the way, or sitting on some machine while someone else is waiting to use it.
But that is not the point of this story. I was in Los Angeles last week and there was a brand new LA Fitness directly across the street from the hotel that I was staying at.  Great....I figured that after several years using the same club in Florida, I would see another one.  Well, I walked in......flashed my card.............and guess what.......some very nice lady at the desk told me that I was welcome today, but any other visit would cost me $5.00 each time...I said............."Whoa"....my membership allows me to use any LA Fitness.........I was sure that would be the end of it, but guess what ?  This fucking nice person advises me this is not an LA Fitness Club but an LA Fitness Signature Club.....
So I went in to workout and do you see the picture right above in the exercise class ?????????? Well, I am glad you see it, because there was nothing like this at this fucking Signature Club.  There was no swimming pool, there was no basketball court, there are no racquet ball courts, but there are new machines and clean locker rooms...Oh wait....they do have towels which might not cost anything extra...
What makes this any different from my LA Fitness is only the name. (and of course the extra money)

Well, I was so pissed over this bullshit that I spoke to the manager of my LA Fitness yesterday and wanted to know what the deal was ?  I was told that the "Signature Clubs"  were different.....Well, you know what is different ?????  That would be me cancelling my membership....But alas......even that is a fucking problem because here in 2013 it cannot be done in my club....NO...These fucking assholes are making me send this letter to California with all the information so as to cancel my membership.....Well, Fuck You Mr. LA Shitness along with your wonderful towels you have in LA.  There are plenty of Health Clubs around that would love to have me join and not put me thru this bullshit of paying additional monies to visit another club....
    I hope this starts a trend of people not putting up with you signature bullshit. Now I feel so much better.
 
           
        
     
        
    
 

No comments:

Post a Comment