Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Political Ads

I don't know about you, but I have had it with political ads on TV.  I doubt very much if I will last til November without killing my television.  I am so tired of all the bullshit, lies, stories, promises, and more crap coming out of each and every politician.

Who comes up with this shit ? Who is that smart to twist and change the meaning of anything and everything so that we don't ever know what the real position of any candidate really is ? They are wonderful at circumventing the truth. I am also convinced these same writers are employed by Saturday Night Live, and most late night shows.  Comedy is alive and well and living inside political speeches and political debates.
The news stations are sort of like Comedy Central in their coverage of all of this.  Oh wait, did I really say coverage ?  Is that what it is being called today ?
I don't remember all this bullshit and negative ad campaigning during the Eisenhower years, or Truman, or Reagan.  I seem to remember people sticking to this little thing called "Facts".
Oh well, all good things have to come to an end.
I do, however, give lots of credit to those wonderful speech writers and creators of some of these great political ads. I already said this, but it is worth repeating, especially because these people are geniuses.
OK, so maybe there was a little mud slinging during the Reagan campaign.
But the bottom line is one little word.   "Lie".    They all do it one way or another.  Maybe not a complete and total 100% Lie, but certainly enough to change the meaning of anything said.
I just know that I can't take much more of it.   Something is definitely wrong when we no longer vote for who we think is the best possible candidate, but vote for the least annoying candidate.
If your like me and all this political bullshit bothers you, there is something you can do. The problem is that I have no fucking clue as to what that something is.  Just take solace in the fact that November will soon be here and it will all be over. Hopefully.
     
     
     
     Have some fun.......Like Me on Facebook....... facebook.com/crapusa 
      
      
     

No comments:

Post a Comment