Monday, October 10, 2011

ATM's Suck

Every now and then something true happens and you can't even add a thing to it in hopes of making it amusing or funnier than it actually is.  This morning it happened to me and I am going to share it with you exactly how it occurred.
     About 11am. I stopped at a local Bank of America to  deposit a check and make a small withdrawal so I would have some cash on hand.  This is always a one , two , three thing and usually only takes a couple of minutes.....Well, I drive through to the back of the bank where the ATM machine is and smile because there is only one car in front of me..... A few seconds later that car leaves and here I am ready to rock and roll... I put in my ATM card, enter my pin #, and then stick the check through the little slot  and see the ATM screen doing it's thing.....No  problem right ?????    Wrong.....

       The machine then goes dark and nothing seems to happen.. Then a new screen comes on saying the machine is out of service to please use another ATM......Nice.......The machine now has my debit card, the check that I deposited, and my money that I never got.......But it's a bank, so I said to myself..........Don't Worry ?????   I got out of my car and walked to the other end of the drive in window figuring I would tell a live person who would solve my problem.....But.....lo and behold, I forgot today was Columbus Day and the bank is closed.....So I go back into my car to figure out my next move.
     I have my smartphone next to me and dial the emergency number that is clearly displayed on the screen, knowing it would be taking care of immediately... It rings and goes through the automated message and I proceed to press #2 like the nice automated lady said....Then she asks me to enter my account number on my Debit Card......How the Fuck can I enter my number when your stupid machine just took my card and probably ate it for a snack....  But I have not yet begun to fight...I go to on-line banking on my smartphone, enter my password and finally get to my account knowing that my account number will be there somewhere......But Fuck No......there is only the last 4 digits.......
      Stay calm I say to myself...Your not going to let this gigantic bank beat you......I dial again and try a different approach with some other extension to which I am told that they don't understand my request and will direct me to a representative......Success......A real honest to goodness live person finally answers the phone.....I give her the information as to where I am etc. , and she tells me that I don't need to worry...It seems that whenever there is a problem with an ATM machine and your card is there, it is automatically shredded.....Wow, a relief.....She also tells me that she can send me a new card that will take between 5 to 7 days....I was going to ask her if I should wait there, but decided to be nice for once... She also told me that I could go to my local branch tomorrow and they would issue me a temporary card, and get me a receipt for my deposit......
     Bottom line is that I worried about nothing....I also checked my account on line and the check did get posted.....But why must everything be such a pain in the ass ?
     Of course, if she was there it would have made the experience a whole lot nicer.....But I still walked around without a penny in my pocket today and for that I say.....Fuck You Bank of America.

No comments:

Post a Comment