Sunday, October 20, 2013

Microsoft Tell Lies

I shouldn't really tell lies ?  Wait a second....That is not me who is lying, but Best Buy salespeople and Microsoft.  In fact, what is the difference ?  The entire world lies and we are the victims each and every day.
     
CRaPUSA

CRaPUSA.com
OK, let me start at the beginning. I felt it was time to upgrade my Microsoft Office on my computer which was running Office 2005 ?, and upgraded to Office 2008 a while ago. After all, why rush into anything, which is so unlike me.  Anyway, my son also got a new computer and I thought it would be nice for him to have the newest Office program also. I went to my local Best Buy and was welcomed by jumping men and boys in funny blue shirts. (still don't know where the girls in blue shirts were. ).  Well, there are more deals and more prices and more options and more of everything in this area. Gone are the good old days when you purchased a CD, installed it, and never worried about a thing.
     
Read CRaPUSA
Now there are three thousand options on how and why and where you can get this Office program.  First of all, I carefully examined the package to make sure it was the latest version. Well, that was mistake number one. There is no year anywhere and the sales people told me it was always the latest, because they now sell this on a yearly plan.
      Yup....You heard me.  Gone are the days when you bought something and you owned it. Now, a fucking piece of software is similar to leasing a damn car. You can lease it by the month, by the year, or whatever.  There are student plans, professional plans, corporate plans, military plans, and I even think I saw a medicare plan.  There are plans for one computer, three computers, and five computers.
    
I purchased what I thought was a pretty good plan for one year service, good on 5 computers, with word, excel, outlook and all that good stuff on it. I am due for a new computer, so with my son it will almost make 3 out of 5.
       Now the fun begins.  I get home, and scratch off the 25 character code that is needed to download the program...At least that what i intended to do. But alas, that sticky little scratch off basically falls apart and I am left with scraps. Not to worry..I spend time later that day going back to best buy where I am told they cannot accept returns on software once it is opened. Well, it only took me about 3 seconds to nicely get nasty (how about that), and tell this nice young kid my problem. Whoopee.....a win win.  He gets me another package and walks me to the customer service department to make the change.. POW's go through less of a hassle getting released.  Anyway, Colonel Klink tells me he cannot exchange it, BUT, he will get me the 25 character code that I need.  I said no problem and watched him use scotch tape to piece together my mess and get the code..He also told me he did military surveillance in the service.  OK, I left happy.
      I get home, enter the code and everything downloads like it should.  I am feeling good about this installation.. I have gotten my email from Microsoft confirming everything and up comes the little install assistant who is going to take me through the final steps....Almost  done, but WAIT....... A screen now pops up and asks me for my 25 character code once again...No problem man....I did it before, and I will do it again......NO NO NO....it is not taking my code....I am fucking devastated, disgusted, and am ready to kill.  It just won't work and I am now going to have to call support and speak to some fucking Indian person that I will never be able to understand.
    
He reads CRaPUSA
Well, I make the call and keep my fingers crossed.  Steve walks me through everything I have already done correctly and finally gets to the part asking for the 25 character code. He simply tells me to delete that screen, go back, click a different box and enter my Microsoft email address instead.......Naturally it worked in one second....My question is quite simple ? Why the fuck wouldn't Microsoft have this on the screen instead of requesting the 25 character code ?????????  It's just not fair. But thanks Steve. And I did understand almost half of everything you said.

  •         None of the ideas expressed in this blog are actually mine. They are told to me by Luthor and Ferdinand, the five inch tall space aliens who live under my desk. In return for these ideas, I have given them permission to eat any dust bunnies they may find under there. Luthor and Ferdinand have also voted CRaPUSA the number one read and enjoyed Blog in Eastern Iowa. Isn't that wonderful?????Feel free to email Luthor or Ferdinand and let them know what you think of them. Luthor@crapusa.com or ferdinand@crapusa.com





No comments:

Post a Comment