Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Good Old Comcast......"Ah"

Will it ever end ? Will Comcast management and customer service issues ever fit into the 21st Century ? Will any telephone help expert (right) ever know what they are talking about ? Will your local Comcast retail service center ever operate like a normal business ?
Why would I bother to ask questions that have and will have no answer or solution til the end of time.  It is a pathetic and useless situation to fight the lone giant of the cable world, especially when there is no competition here in So. Florida. (Well, maybe there is some, but living in a condominium there is no option once the board of directors signs a multi year contract and includes it in your maintenance ) Now that I have gotten that off my chest, let me briefly tell you about my latest experience with wonderful Comcast.
     I have a small HD TV in my kitchen that I probably watch a few minutes daily during my morning coffee, and maybe some other time during the day. I have been plagued by losing the picture on my TV if the cable box moved slightly.  Naturally I did all the normal things to stop this, but finally decided to call support, which was my first mistake. Well, after person number one finished reading his scripted speech to me, I realized that I was wasting my time. (actually I knew that right away). I decided to go to my local Comcast center and change the cable box. After all, it was either the box, or the connection.  This will be a breeze and I will have this working shortly. At least that is what I said to myself.  So I drove to the center early Monday morning prepared for the old in/out trip.......Wrong ?????
My local Comcast Center
             
I entered, took a number like in your local bakery,  and thought I would be taken care of shortly. There were only 26 people before me and 3 workers behind the counter. How stupid of me not to realize these workers had to have worked for the city or government first, as they were the epitome of SLOW MOTION......There was also another person sitting at a desk with another line in front of her. Naturally, I asked someone on line there what that line was for ?  Naturally, they had no fucking idea.  30 minutes later my number was called and I was front and center replacing my cable box. She gave me a new box with no problem along with a new remote. However, she would not exchange the HDMI cable , which I said might have been part of the problem....Useless.....This idiot might have been the dictator of some middle east country, because she didn't give a shit what I said.
Home I went with my new cable box and figured it would only take a few seconds to get it working. Oh yes, the dictator did tell me to call Comcast to activate it once I got it connected.  No Problem. I get home , connect it 1,2,3 and call Comcast....20 minutes later I finally get a live person....This real person now tells  me to call another 800 number that is just for activation. (One would think the dictator would have given me that number in the first place ????).  But anyway, he activates it and tells me it will take about 40 minutes to load....No Problem..........Well, once again you know what is coming ?   Naturally, that doesn't work and I go thru the same thing again and that doesn't work again the second time.....Finally......................
I get hold of a normal person who makes an appointment for me this morning.  The tech comes right on time and lucky me gets a normal nice young guy.  He plays with it and finally thinks there is a problem with the HDMI cable...He goes down to his truck and is back in a minute with a new HDMI cable and it works.....Yippee.......(guess I was right and the dictator wrong).........But wait.....now we can't change channels.....He then says the remote is defective......He heads back to his truck and a minute later he is back with a new remote.....Yippee.......It finally works...................BUT.......(there is always a but)....This new 2013 Cisco Cable Box does not display the time or channels.
     WTF is wrong with Comcast ? Do they just not give a shit or don't give a shit about their customers ?   Please don't answer that........

(if you are reading this on a mobile device and want to subscribe to CRaPUSA.com, please switch to the web version and sign up on the right hand side........CRaPUSA.com
        
      

1 comment:

  1. I apologize for the frustrating experience. I will make sure that this is shared to our local leaders to ensure that your concerns are address. Kindly email me, provide your account/contact info and a link to this page for reference.

    Thank you,


    Mark Casem
    Comcast Corp.
    National Customer Operations
    We_can_help@cable.comcast.com

    ReplyDelete