Monday, April 30, 2012

Dumb Ass Commercials



     Are we that stupid as a nation that manufacturers think we listen to each and every TV commercial they make and then go out and buy it ?  Do people really sit in front of their TV sets and carefully watch this crap ? Obviously the answer to these questions is YES.
     Just watch this Schticky video above and I rest my case.  But do I ?  They must be selling the product because this stupid commercial is always on and someone has to be paying for it.
     Maybe its only me, but I cannot believe nor understand how anyone with even a portion of a working brain can buy some of these stupid products that are sold on TV or on-line. I searched the net earlier to see how many of these dumb, stupid, ridiculous, useless, etc. products there are and I am completely amazed.  There are tons.  They go from the home to health to travel to whatever you want.  You have seen them.  There is that stupid wearable blanket and blanket PJ's, that little glue that holds up 5,000 pounds,  those little rolling casters that allow you to move any furniture by yourself. Actually, there are a million products that are being sold....And if you act immediately you can get the second one absolutely Free........All you have to do is pay a small shipping and handling fee....I want to scream whenever I see any of this.
       Is there any truth to advertising today ?  What is real ?  What should we buy and what really does work ?  Does that new spray really clean everything better than anything you have ever used? Does that moisturizer cream really make you look 10 years younger? Does anything make sense in advertising ?
        I am really not against advertising nor am I against the media trying to sell products. After all, that is what makes this country so great. That is what makes business's grow and succeed. What I am against is the Bullshit. The everyday blatant lies that are fed to you and me.
       But What the Hell. You and I are not going to stop it, or even slow it down.  There are way too many stupid people out there willing to buy these products and believe everything they claim they do.  God Bless America.

No comments:

Post a Comment