Thursday, May 3, 2012

I Hate Junk Mail (Orig Posted May 12, 2010)


(This is a fun re-run)
I really hate junk mail. Those idiots that keep sending it to me should be shot, raped, beat up, sodomized, punched in the face, and when all of that is done they should be forced to read every single page of all their dumb ass junk mail.  Being one of those geeks that pay all bills on line and do almost everything on my computer or I pad, I very seldom make that long journey to the lobby for the sake of getting my mail. (I live in a high rise) To be perfectly honest I usually get a call from the front desk person telling me the mailman asked him to call me in the hopes of emptying my mail box.  When that happens I force myself to make that long elevator trip to the mail box.  This 2 minute ordeal usually occurs once a week......Soooooooooo today the call came and I am now looking at 7 pounds of fucking stupid junk mail.. I have coupons for Papa Johns, , mufflers, car wash, Kaiser university, dish, american express, comcast, several local newspapers, Costco coupons, real estate junk, and I am sure you get the picture.  But alas...... I have this thing for Victoria Secret where I can get $10 of a bra of my choice and next month get a Free VS Undies Panty.  The bottom line is that I really don't want any of this stuff.
     For years now I have been very serious about stopping junk mail.  Whenever there is anything from a retailer with a telephone number they will surely get a call from me.  It's much easier on line when you can spam it.  How many trees are now sitting on my desk????
      Well, I have done some research and found a couple of sites that give links and information on how to get rid of junk mail. I guess there are other people like me.  The following are some links that might be helpful if you feel like me.  Privacy Rights Clearinghouse is a good one.  Then there is 41 pounds  which is kind of interesting.
     I am only venting now, but feel pretty good.....Actually I now feel as though I am performing a public service bringing this up and standing up for the Green. Wow, public awareness coming from me.......OK, so if each an everyone of the 2 people that read this blog worldwide make 2 phone calls tomorrow to cancel 2 pieces of junk mail from something visible, we will be on our way.
      At least all of CRaP is recycled.  

2 comments:

  1. Hey send me the free VS stuff. Or else go and buy some pink panties :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete