Thursday, March 29, 2012

Satellite of Need

We are so spoiled here in America. Can you imagine it was only a few years back (maybe more) that we had AM radio in our cars and the reception sucked. Then it was the advent of FM radio which took on a whole new meaning.  Pretty soon we had tape players in our cars and then of course there was CD players....Boy , were we advanced.......Oh, but this little thing that came along a few short years ago call Satellite Radio really fucked everything up...It started a completely new listening pleasure for us in our automobiles. Luxury had arrived.
           It has reached such epic proportions that practically all cars sold today are coming equipped with either Sirius or XM radio.  Don't get me wrong.  I love it and have been a subscriber of either Sirius or XM from day one.. I can only say wonderful things about the service. In fact, it has become a selling point today when buying a car, or truck, or probably a boat etc.  It is installed in our dashboard with the navigation system, blue tooth connection, ipad or computer link, CD,  DVD player and who knows what other devices ?
I am a big Opie & Anthony fan and a complete fan of XM Radio.  Now for the nonsense.  Yesterday, I picked up my new car.  I love new cars and especially love the fact that with all the money we spend on a new vehicle, and with all the options and toys...................we are given a 3 month trial subscription to Satellite Radio....So yesterday my new car came ready to go with this 3 month package.  3 months......Are they fucking crazy ?????  I have just spent lots of money for an expensive luxury automobile that cost more than my first home and these mother fuckers are only giving me a three month trial to XM radio.....Do the math and see how crazy that is ?  Why not at least six months or a year , which would make sense.
      Ahhhhhh, but that  is still not the problem....Here is the good part.. I had about 8 months left on my contract with XM radio on my old car that I traded in.  I also now have an additional 3 months graciously given to me by the car dealer....One would think a few minutes on line or on the phone with the nice XM radio customer service people would be able to do the following.....1- Cancel my subscription of the remaining time left on my old car to the new car, or credit my account . 2- Add that time to the free three months of service provided by the dealer.  3- There is no damn 3...This is a simple fucking request, with a simple fucking solution, which should only take 5 minutes and good night Eileen......
        
       It just never happened that way..I was on the phone for almost 2 hours last night with several different people who asked a million questions. I had all the radio serial numbers, my account numbers, and all the necessary information that was available. If I were to tell you what I went through, or played a tape of what was said........you would not believe me.  Bottom line is that after almost an hour and a half of explaining what needed to be done and how it should be done, I finally won the war ???????   At least I think I did....I also made this customer service person email me all the information and refused to get off the line until I had it.....
       I am completely convinced that anyone working in Customer Service of any major service company in this country has gotten that job because of an IQ score of less than 25.  It just has to be.
      And the irony of this whole bullshit ordeal is that after my free 90 days of enjoying XM radio in my new car.......................................................I know....................I really do know....................that my service will stop and some asshole will be calling me or sending me an email that I must pay to continue my service as it is all expired.......The process will once again begin........Fuck You customer service person.

No comments:

Post a Comment