Monday, March 26, 2012

Birthdays come and Birthdays Go

Birthdays come and go. When we are young (like kids young) we look forward to our birthday. Sure, why not..Today's kids have huge parties with all their friends, usually theme induced, and can be at really pricey places. But what the hell. It's our kids and we love them....That is wonderful and what is expected in the early portion of life.
      It is wonderful sharing your birthday with a million of your friends when your young. Plus you don't have a care in the world, because your parents are doing all the work.  But yesterday, I discovered that I didn't care for parties anymore and that certain things have really changed.  I guess it's funny how retirement seems to change your life.
     These were the type of birthdays I remember my adult life consisting of. Or maybe it was just what I thought it consisted of.  Anyway, I don't think I am having too many of those kind of parties anymore.
      Does it come down to a drink, dinner and a little cake with a few friends as we age ???   Now I am much too depressed to finish this.  Anyway yesterday was my birthday and it came and went like a fart in a windstorm.....Today is another day and my birthday is only a fading memory.
       I really don't know why I chose to write about this.  I think I just felt a little mellow from having a birthday and having family so far away....
      Bottom line is that I really want to wish any of you having a birthday soon.....A Very Happy Birthday.........And guess what......Today's blog really really sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment