Monday, November 28, 2011

The Fine Print


Free......Right......What is Free ?  What is in the small print ?   Let's face it.......Nothing is free.  I don't know about you, but I am sick and tired of all this free stuff I am going to get whenever I am on line, and even when I am on my smart phone....All this shit pops up (even with pop-up blockers) and I am always winning free stuff.......................provided of course, that I answer a few questions, or follow a few simple rules, or allow certain manufacturer's to send me email for the rest of my life, or some other bullshit reason.

     We can get free rooms and free air travel and everything is free. If you click on enough shit you can have everything free. You can go on vacation with your free air ticket and stay is this great hotel and probably even have your meals free.......And if you believe any of this for even a second you are dumber than you look.
     So relax, have a free beer and let's discuss this....Oh what ?????? It's only free air conditioning and the Beer is from places all around the world.......OMG....How fucking stupid do some of these ads and some of these stores, restaurants, airlines, service industries, electronics etc......think we are ?  Obviously, by the amount of ads we see in newspapers, magazine's, TV, on line, and everywhere else they must think we are all assholes.....
     I am sure you have downloaded and App on your IPhone or whatever type of smart phone you are using ?  I am also sure that before you were able to completely use that app, a little box appeared that says " I agree with the above terms and conditions" ?  I am also sure that if you are like me, you never ever looked at one line of these lengthy contracts that probably would require several hours of legal reading to check out....It's a damn joke, but we all just check the box like a little puppet and proceed to use the App.  None of us actually know what we have agreed to, but we do know that we have another new app.
     Have you ever read the fine print on your several page mobile phone contract that has probably tied you into a two year contract with some heavy fee attached should you ever wish to terminate it early ?  the small print is one of the most bullshit things I have ever seen. It's a joke that none of us ever really bother to read it. We just do it...We could be giving away our first born, or our life savings, or everything we ever own or will own, and I can almost guarantee that 90% of us will have never read the entire thing.  I am also sure that most of you reading this now, won't bother to finish reading this small print, but will probably say fuck it...It can't be important, or this asshole fucked up and made a mistake with the font.  How wrong you are.
          Actually, you all just bought one of the new CRaPUSA hats that will be available shortly...So thank you to about 1,000 people who just ordered one in advance.....OK, I am kidding, but lets face it........None of us bother to look at the fine print and one of these days it is going to come back and bite us you know where.........
      I am also sure that you have paid more attention and time to this picture then you did while looking (or glancing) at the fine print above.

No comments:

Post a Comment