Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Guns or No Guns (A Repeat from Feb 2011)

Do I want a Gun ? or Do I not want a Gun ??????????????????  I don't like guns.  It's not that I really don't like them, I just know that a gun in my hand is a dangerous thing. Actually, it is probably more dangerous for me , than for anyone else.  Guns for hunting are fine. Guns for anything else seem to be a waste, although guns used for target practice is really fun. I know that I will get shit for this, but lets face it..........Why do we need a weapon ?  I think it is like a bunch of guys getting together.  You show me yours and I will show you that mine is bigger. That is really the same thing with guns.  Guns kill......Dah....... Everyday there is crap in the news about shooting by crazy people in shopping centers, schools, in quiet neighborhoods, in the work place, etc... etc...... I am sure those nuts would find other ways to kill if guns were not available.  There would be more bombs, more other strange kind of killings and so on.
     Guns seem to wind up in the wrong places all the time.  I guess too many bad people have them. Guns are associated with Drugs, Robberies, Gang Wars, and more Drugs..... I have to be very honest now, because I had guns at a very early age.  In fact, walking around the Grand Concourse in the Bronx when I was about 7 was probably my first encounter with guns.  After all, I loved cowboy movies so it seemed only natural that I would carry a gun or two.  There are no pictures of me actually wearing them, but I found some on line that certainly was close enough. Boy, did I love my western movies.......But that was then.
     I am sure I looked something like the above picture.  But back to guns.....Guns Kill..... How often do we hear of a mass shooting at some school, shopping center, workplace, or wherever ????? How often are kids killed by stray bullets????  How often are local robberies turned into killings ???? Guns suck when in the hands of the wrong people.  I am a firm believer of our constitution and our right to bear arms and to defend ourselves.  I see no problem with that.  I do, however see a problem with guns in the hands of the wrong people.  I am also not smart enough to figure out how to take these guns out of the bad people and only let the good people have them and use them.
     Surely they should not be in the hands of local gangs.  Surely they should not be in the hands of Robbers, thieves, murderers, or anyone with bad intentions.  Wouldn't it be nice if we could know and pick out these ass holes before a crime is committed ?
     Good Guys and Good Girls in TV series and movies should definitely have guns.  In fact, they should all look like her and and I am sure some good looking male accomplice.  Oh that's right, they already do.
    
So what do we do about guns ?   Most politicians are split on this issue.  Of course making it harder to own them, and being more selective about who can or does own them is a good thing.  Then there is the NRA who is so strong that nothing will change that.  So......................I guess my answer to my own questions about guns is simply this.........?????? Who the fuck am I kidding...........I am just like you and most other Americans who have absolutely no idea what to do about guns and have absolutely no idea of what to do about crime, murders, rapes, robberies,..... We don't seem to be able to stop Inside trading, Ponzi scheme's , crooked politicians, fixing of sports events, steroids, gambling, drinking, drugs, Illegal sex, wars, aggression, prejudice, and 1000 other types of crimes. So why Guns ????   Weapons have been around since the beginning of time so I guess if it's not guns, it will be something that is the next generation of guns.
     But in the meantime, enjoy this funny video about guns.

2 comments:

  1. I will answer that question for you. You do not want a gun. Please do not get a gun. People like you should not be allowed to have guns. Should I go on? XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete