Friday, April 2, 2010

Where did all these Friggen people come from ????????????

I live on a small barrier island (Singer Island), which is just a little north of west palm beach and a little south of Jupiter.  Usually it is fairly quiet and there is never any traffic congestion or crowds of people anywhere.  The restaurants are normally not overcrowded, the gym is never too busy, the mall is never mobbed and parking is never a problem.  The pool in my condo is never really busy and the lounge chairs are always available.  The lines in the supermarket are never really too long and life in this basic resort town just seems to go along at it's own pace.  For excitement I need to meet friends either in Palm Beach, Del Ray, Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, or some other place at least 20 miles from here............BUT...........this week is crazy.   Being Spring Break, Passover, Easter, and obviously some other holiday that I know nothing about, all hell has broken out......It seems that every single person in my building and this entire island has company. (except poor me ).  There are kids, grand kids, friends, relatives, and probably some people for rent that are here in Florida.  It is a mess.  The roads are mobbed, the mall is crowded, my pool is overcrowded, the stores are impossible, restaurant lines are huge etc. etc..  It really sucks.
      But for once in my life I really don't have a problem with any of this.  I have learned how to smile, and how to just relax and not let it bother me.  I plan my daily trip to the gym a little different, and know enough people that own or manage restaurants so I don't have to wait. I might yell a little when in the car in a parking lot, or waiting for some dumb draw bridge to finally come down. I manage to find a lounge chair by the pool, and really enjoy looking at the fat, ugly, dumb ass, poorly dressed New Yorkers that are visiting people this week and next.
     And yes, I used to be one of those ugly americans (New Yorkers) that came to florida to visit his parents, and send his kids here as well to visit their grand parents.  But now I am just content and not getting excited.........Xanox and Vodka are certainly wonderful this time of the year in So. Florida.
     So Happy Passover, Happy Easter and enjoy your spring break with whoever you are visiting.

1 comment:

  1. Why would we want to come all the way to Florida to sit in traffic, wait for a table and swim in a crowded pool? We can visit you when the morons are all gone.

    xxoo

    ReplyDelete