Thursday, April 19, 2018

Plastic Sucks


Plastic is everywhere. Plastic is part of everything we touch on a daily basis. Probably the only thing we don't do with or to plastic, is eat it.  But, at the rate
plastic is multiplying, we probably will shortly.  I don't know about you, but there are things about plastic I despise.  First of all.  That fucking bullshit plastic tax we pay in the supermarket to buy a bag ?  Shit, Here in the fucked up Sanctuary State of California, we pay 10 cents per bag.  Of course, you can just balance your groceries on your head and save that 10 cents per bag ransom.  It's the stupidest thing I have ever seen. People seem to be walking out of markets with all their food items in the cart to avoid paying that fee, or because the dumb shits left their own bags in the car.  In any event, supermarket parking lots seem to resemble third world countries with all this shit in the carts.  Supermarkets are the only ones benefiting from this. They no longer have to buy bags that used to be free to their customers.
    
Lets face it however, plastic certainly has a place in our society. It seems to be the perfect match for all that medication some of us take as we get older.  I sometimes wonder (for a change), why isn't there a ten cent tax per plastic bottle in the state of California ?  ( after all, California has the largest number of homeless in the country, the highest level of welfare and free stuff for the homeless, and I could go on and on. ).  I lost track a little here because this plastic horror seems to be clouding my mind.
    

We drink more water than anything in this country. I am certainly for recycling and the whole process, however, I have one problem..Why the hell should the recycling fee be the same for a 8 oz bottle of water as it is for a 48 oz bottle of water ?  I completely do not understand that.  
    

But now for my favorite. Just think of all those wonderful products we buy that are packaged in plastic.  I say think about it for one simple reason.  Why the Fuck are they all so impossible to open ?  Why do we have to use a chisel and a hammer half the time to open them ?  Why can't the plastic just be cut with an ordinary pair of scissors ?  I'll tell you why. Because these products are all made in countries we can't pronounce and those little fuckers on the assembly line are fucking with us. Has to be.
   


There are some rare occasions when plastic is a wonderful, healthy, pleasant, pretty, useful, and fantastic experience. Unfortunately, that is when it is followed by the word surgery.  I rest my case.


No comments:

Post a Comment