Friday, December 4, 2015

Golf Cart Mania


OK, you got me. I don't play golf. I never have and I never will.  I just don't get the sport, but I hope that doesn't make me a bad person.  To compensate for that, I have lots of friends who play constantly.  Some of them have golf carts and some of them !!!!!!!!! Who am I fucking kidding.....They all have golf carts.
    

And to prove that I love golfers and have no problem with them or the sport or the game, I'll fill you in on a little truth...Just a little mind you..... I live in a golf community. I live right on a championship golf course.  I live on the 10th hole of this great championship golf course. I have the most fantastic view ever, some of which includes the passing of golf carts along with those people in it.
    
Sometimes it's really a pleasure looking out at the mountains, the greens, (notice that
I even know what they are called ) and the players and carts passing by the rear of my house.  It makes the day just a little bit brighter and gives me something to do in the mornings while sipping on my first cup of coffee.
     
Sometimes however, I am forced to choke on my coffee for some unknown reasons. (Who am I kidding there ?)
        
Other times, I really wish I were a golfer and spent time on the links. (there I go again). After all, the view is great and riding in a golf cart can certainly be fun.
   
But in life, we have to compromise and make adjustments.  I know that I would be laughing my ass off playing or looking at some dudes dressed to kill and me thinking they simply look like assholes.....Oh well, that is just me.
   
Of course, I am missing the whole point about the funny little golf carts.  What ever happened to Macho Men and their ability to carry around their golf bags on their shoulder ?  Those were real men.....But back to the carts...
Why do parents allow kids to drive these things all over a community.. I nearly whacked one by accident the other day...He couldn't have been more than 11 and thought he was superman on wheels.
       
Why do these same kids parents insist on driving their carts out of the community and into the nearest shopping area in traffic ?  Sometimes you just get what you deserve.
     
But alas.....Let's just be sensible as to who we allow and where we allow them to drive these funny little things known as Golf Carts.   Until, of course, someone gives them a better name that is easily recognized.
                                          FORE

(how was that for being a jerk?)



     






No comments:

Post a Comment