Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Football Sunday

 WTF ever happened to watching and enjoying football on Sunday ?  Why is everything so damn commercial ? Why are all these idiots wearing football jerseys ? And really, What gives with having 30 some odd televisions all over the place showing almost as many different football games, with sounds blasting everywhere ?
      

OK, so maybe I am getting a little too old or a little too cranky to go to one of these family oriented sports bars.  This past Sunday, I met a couple of friends at an average sports bar in South Florida. ( I won't mention the name, because one of my friends thinks it's the greatest place in the world.).  There were also some friends of friends there, and we probably had a table for 8 or 10.
     
Well, before anything started the beers came out, which is not a bad thing.  There is lots of cross conversation at our table, and at every other table in the restaurant.  Now I realize that football Sunday is a big deal, and a time for the restaurant to make some money.  Naturally the waiters and everyone had on Football Jerseys.  OK, so half the customers in the place also had on various Football Jerseys as well.  I still have no problem with any of this.
     

Here is where my problem starts.  Every single TV in the place has a different game on. Every single table in the place is filled with fans in love with their favorite team. Every single table seems to have a kid or two there with absolutely no interest in anything but eating. I guess it's the selfish parents who wanted to watch football out and felt they needed to bring their dumb kids with them.


      Now comes the screaming.  In fact there is always some sort of screaming because there is bound to be a good play, interception, TD, fumble or something every single minute on one of those 30 TVs.
    
I just don't know which way to turn.  Where is the screaming coming from ? Which TV had the play that I missed ? Why is that kid crying so loud ?  Why don't I have the slightest idea of what my team is doing ? Where are all the Chicken Wings ?
      Anyway, after one half of horrible fried food, horrible yelling by kids and their parents, horrible noises coming from the 30 TV sets, and horrible fans not rooting for the NY Jets, I decided it was time to leave.
   
I just wanted to go home to number 10 and watch the rest of the JETS game...Don't give me shit...As long as there is fantasy football, I am allowed to have my own fantasies.


Hey, Buy a CRaPUSA Hat for your next football game.






No comments:

Post a Comment