Wednesday, May 30, 2012

DDD aka Diet Duncan Donuts

Who are we kidding ?  There is nothing diet about Dunkin Donuts......Sure, Dunkin Donuts are great and we all love them.  I happen to have stopped by one this morning on my way back from an appointment and was really shocked.  First of all, it is not often that I go there. It is a local DD and I couldn't believe how busy they were.  I wanted a quick cup of coffee and a bagel and that was it.
         I looked around at had one hell of a time trying to refrain from ordering a couple of donuts to devour immediately, but somehow managed to avoid the temptation....  Well, actually it wasn't my lack of will power that made me do it..It was looking around the store at the people on line and sitting at the tables. Holy Shit....talk about culture shock !

        Now I have nothing against really fat people.   There are reasons for everything, but eating donuts all day long is not really one of them.  This nice couple pictured above must have been having their wedding breakfast there as well ?????
            I guess what bothers me are those great ads where everyone connected with a donut is relatively thin or in good shape.  It certainly does not reflect the real world....Where are the ads about type 2 Diabetes ? Where are all the health warnings like are connected with Smoking, Drinking, Drugs, etc. ?  Is it me, or is it just something that falls thru the cracks?  What is wrong with this fucking country that no one bitches about this ?  Somehow things are just fucked here. I live by the ocean and we have been fighting for years to have breakwaters built to save the erosion of the beach and the eventual loss of possible lives and of course property...This has been going on for years because some fucked up environmental rights groups are worried that some sea turtles won't survive.  Forget the fact they have been around for ages and will still be here when there is no beach left.......Oh well, I am losing focus here......My point is that tons of protest go on here and nothing goes on about the dangers of having all that sugar in donuts.
        I guess we just let our kids eat donuts as they see fit ?  (not my kids).
        So as long as Donuts are not going away (nor do I really want them to ), can we at least ask Mr. Dunkin to really step up his ad campaign and give us something to look forward to when going into a Dunkin Donut Shop ?

        Actually, I will be there daily when the average customer at Dunkin Donuts looks like the above. Crap......One can only wish..........
         Which is really a good time now to buy a set of CRaPUSA Coffee Mugs...Simply go to zazzle.com/crapusa and order now......You will love them. Plus there are a few styles.....Will go great with the Dunkin Donuts you will now want to take home.

No comments:

Post a Comment