Thursday, November 17, 2011

The Gym

There is a reason I try to go to the gym on a daily basis. No, it is certainly not to be able to look like the guy on the left.  I am also sure that a good portion of my readers (that would be you) go to, or belong to a gym.....

     Well, my reason is a little different.  I go probably because of my head more so than my body. I find it really settles me, and puts me in a good mood whenever I go.






Of course......................one of the major reasons for going.........................is.......................................
     Yeah......Don't I wish ???????  Actually, I really look forward to going to the gym each day. I get out of the house, drive a few miles, and there I am at the new and modern LA Fitness.  Naturally there is a pool, racquet ball courts, basketball courts, and a bunch of other things that I don't use.....But, I do get there and am amazed on a daily basis as to how the 2 or 3 people behind the front desk are always yapping on their cell phones and seem to be doing me a favor by swiping my membership card.  Oh well, this is America, and they are certainly entitled to personal time........especially while working......
     OK, now I am settled and on one of the many warm up machines to do some peddling for about 20 minutes....This is the best part of the morning because it is on the mezzanine and in direct view of everything going on.... There are TVs all around and I always have the option of watching one of the many Kardashian programs on E. Why that is always on is completely beyond me.  But sometimes I am lucky enough to watch the news.  It's also very comforting to listen to some asshole on his or her cellphone discussing their life.  Why they allow mobile phones there is also beyond me.
         
But I continue my exercise and my looking around at some of the whales. I then make my way to the treadmill and spend some more time there.  Again, I am usually lucky enough to listen to some conversation about what some pathetic guy or girl did last night.  I wish I didn't have to , but they are usually speaking on the top of their lungs with their stupid blue-tooth in their ear.....
     Success......It is now time to go back downstairs and hop on some of the machines for my hip, legs, arms , etc.   This is the part I really look forward to because there is lots of stuff always going on here.

     Some of that stuff is really, really, good, and sometimes really bad.  

       
The bottom line is, sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. But then again, don't we want to lose at the gym ? Going to the gym can be so rewarding and other days a real bummer.......Enjoy your workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment