Saturday, August 7, 2010

Not a Bad Apple in the Bunch

I find it so easy to find fault with almost everything.  Why not. I am perfect so it is really a very easy task to accomplish.  Those of you who read this crappy blog from time to time will realize that most of what I really do bitch about are everyday, common, real, and honest situations that we all deal with. I guess every now and then, I do go off the deep end.  Well, here goes something that you are not going to believe.  In fact, I almost don't believe it myself.
      This earth shattering incident began yesterday morning.  My computer decided to shut of on its own.  No big deal, it's a Mac and it practically does everything by itself anyway.  It had been doing this for a few months now, but lately became a little more often in it's decision making.  After futzing around with the switch and outlet etc, I finally got it back on, but did realize that something was wrong.  About 4pm I called the Apple store near me to make an appointment, figuring it would be Monday.  Wow, they asked if I could bring it in at 5 ?  Of course I said yes.  So in less than one hour I drove to the mall, and carried my Desktop to the store, where I was greeted by lots of nice young people.  Had to wait less than 5 minutes and Ryan ( a nice young kid ) asked me what the problem was and did a few things to it.  He said it was probably the power supply thingy and that is all he thought it was.  He gave me the price and said it would take up to 3 days and it should be like new.  He also added that if that part was not the problem, he would look further and not charge me for the part.  He filled out the paperwork and off I went.............but not before spending some time looking around and listening to the staff talking to customers...
       This morning at about 9am, I received a call from the Apple store telling me that my computer was ready and I could pick it up anytime after 10 when the store opens.  Wow, what a surprise. What great service. I did not have to go with computer withdrawal for even one day.  Well, at ten something I was at the store, once again treated like a king, had another person go over everything with me (along with giving me the old 2 parts that were replaced and off I went, one happy camper.
        Now, those of you that know me are thinking..............OK.........here comes the But part.........Nope, you are wrong.  I have never in my life seen such good service, such enthusiastic sales and staff personal.  They were all friendly, eager to please, knowledgeable in the product, and knew how to joke, laugh and have fun while working.  They were all polite and it was a rare treat to see this in a retail store.  I can go on and on about customer service, but there was nothing I saw that was less than perfect.  I bought my computer there, and love everything about Apple except for the I Phone.  I guess I would trade in my BB for one if AT&T was not involved.
     But there is one thing that bothers me........Why doesn't every single major retailer in the USA make it a point to send their employees into an Apple Store to see how customers should be treated?  Take the test.  Spot the difference. Go into an apple store and then go into Macy's or any other store of your choice.   I am sure you will then say............OMG.........that Crap guy is right.
     Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment