Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Gas Station Thieves


They Lie. They tell big lies. They do what they can to get you there. OK, what am I talking about ??? Yes, your neighborhood mega gas station.  First of all we all know that gas prices are fucking ridiculous and don't seem to be dropping. Then comes my biggest peeve ever, which is the little 9 after the price.  Really now..........does 3.69 9/10 really mean 3.69 ???? Of course not. We all know it is the next higher number.  Why do these assholes insist on doing this ???? Maybe when gas was 1.30 a gallon it looked better as 1.29 9/10th.  I don't really think so, but so what.

     Things are different now and gas stations are more like mini super markets. Some have hot foods including pizza, mexican, hamburgers, etc. with most franchises trying to be in these as well.  You can almost find any type of food in some of these stations.  What is next ??? A post office, hair salon, UPS store or whatever ???? Don't laugh because I think that will happen.
      But lets get to the real point of my being pissed and what I have been ranting about all day. I recently stopped at a pretty big and local BP station to fill  up my tank.  In that huge sign in front and on all the sides, there was a price of $3.69 9/10 for regular gas.  That seemed pretty reasonable as I do check out the other stations as I drive by.  I got out of my car, put in my credit card, and finally began pumping gas when....(*)$%@#!@%&*))&^%$%# (those were curse words coming from me) . I looked at the pump and it had registered $3.74 9/10 per gallon....I looked again and then said WTF.  I looked allover to see why the price was different and finally ........................in little bitty tiny letters was a little bitty tiny sign that said, "discount applies to cash sales only".   OK, it is only 5 cents a gallon and a difference of maybe 75 cents on the fill-up, but that is not the point.  It's misleading and should not be tolerated.  It's plain old fashioned stealing.  It's just not right.
     So I say to all you big gas bastards in your huge mini or maxi  super duper gas stations..........you can go fuck yourself.
     I intend to find a local, little, gas station with no frills and would rather pay them whatever they want as long as what you see is what you get.  In fact, I think we should all do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment